Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Douche Bag Day!

Holy shit it's been a long time since I posted.

Sorry folks, I was sitting around the other day with that feeling like I had left the iron on, and then I was like, "hey, don't I have a blog or something"

Anyways..

Update: My job is making me a racist. More on that some other time.

For now I'm writing in celebration of Global Anti Piracy Day! Hooray!! What's that you say? You've never heard of it? Ahh.. well friend, that's because it's bullshit.

It's nothing more than a corporate mind fuck dreamed up by the lawyers and other suits at Microsoft. Yes kids, suddenly the company that has been at odds with the US Department of Justice for years over anti-trust violations, that has all but monopolized (and shit-ified) the software realm, that has gone to great lengths to stamp out open source software, this same company now wants to become your moral compass and guardian angel. The amount of ironic hypocracy that oozes out of this effort is staggering to the degree that even Alanis Morissette wouldn't be able to handle it.

But don't take my word for it. Remember, I'm full of shit and a liar. Have a heaping pile of corporate propaganda and see for yourself. My favorite part is how they try to spin it as a stimulus to the US economy. You gotta admit, to do that with a straight face takes brass balls.

This really is pathetic. You know what? You may be Microsoft, but just like the RIAA, the cat is out of the bag, and technology will always stay one step ahead of you. As fast as you can come up with anti-pirate measures, countermeasures will enter the scene. You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that you can't ass-slam every person on earth for 400 bucks just to have their machine grind to a crawl by your bloated memory-whore of an operating system. Oops, was that my out-loud voice?

Talk amongst yourselves while I swear and throw things.

Damn, I'm angry.

-CG

1 comment:

Miss Heidi said...

The easiest fix. Don't use Microsoft products. :P