Thursday, February 14, 2008

Paging Dr. Xen to Delivery

In one guy's humble opinion, the person that is responsible for coming up with marketing slogans at Citrix really needs to consider hitting a second cup of coffee in the morning. No doubt you've noticed the new splash when you visit the Citrix.com site. It takes up half the page to deliver the following message:

The Game has Changed.

Transform your Datacenter into a Delivery Center.

Introducing Citrix Delivery Center.

Now is it just me or does that sound like some kind of superbowl ad for a maternity ward? I mean seriously..the Citrix Delivery Center? That's all you guys could come up with? You need to hire someone with a pulse to do your marketing.

Oh but let not your heart be troubled, kids. I've come up with a few alternate suggestions. I know..I know. I'm a giver. It's just how I am.

How about:

The game has changed. We're combining all our suites into a new super-enterprise-platinum-mega-super-uber-suite that all runs on NetScaler.

The game has changed. Resource manager is another story. Say, have you checked out Edgesight?

The game hasn't actually changed...just the name of our products.

The game is up. Too bad your servers aren't.

The game has changed. We're actually considering writing our next software product instead of just buying it up.

Any other suggestions?

-CG

No comments: