Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When a Speech Impediment is a Viable Alterative for GoToMeeting

In my usual fashion of being behind the times I recently came across a nifty service that is a workable alternative to the WebEx or GoToMeeting type products. Welcome to DimDim. In spite of the fact that the name is reminescent of a Tourette's convenion drunken brawl, they actually have what appears to be a decent offering - and at a killer price point. $19 a month at the time of this writing. Got your attention yet? Thought so.

Now I haven't taken the time to conduct a point by point comparison between DimDim and GTM, but to be honest I don't use either one much so I don't give two shits whether one performs better or how the licensing stacks up between the two, yada yada.

I'm not in the business of free hand jobs so you get to go do your own homework on this one. All the same, this type of service is becomming a commodity so if DimDim can beat out the big players, then you're only dryhumpng yourself if you don't try them out.

-CG

No comments: