Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sorry peeps. It's gone.

Sorry everyone. I've deleted this post because it's ruffled some big feathers and gotten a friend very pissed off at me. This friend (I'll call him B) confided some frustrations in me over a beer a few weeks ago and I posted it without permission. When the vendor recognized the scenario and brought this to B's attention he contacted me and told me to remove it immediately. And in typical CG fashion, for whatever reason, I decided not to. If I had done so, this situation would probably still be salvageable.

I just received an email from someone who I believe is the vendor implicating B because he apparently had a link to this blog on a networking site. So in short, for his showing me some support, I've potentially delivered a whole load of shit to his doorstep. I haven't told B of this little development yet, but it will probably be the final straw in this whole thing.

I'm considering taking down this blog permanently, but whether or not that comes to pass I want to convey my most sincere apologies to B and to the vendor that was involved.


-CG

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CG,

Interesting post, it's unfortunate that an ISV would conduct themselves in that manner. I invite you to evalute our solutions and would be interested in the results of your comparison of Ericom vs Citrix. Ericom has been in business for 15 years and has over 7 million licensed users at over 30,000 companies. We are all about our relationship with customers and delivering them quality products.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Brian Berns
COO, Ericom Software
brian.berns@ericom.com

Anonymous said...

Hi CG,

I spent the last few minutes reading through your posts and while they are very funny, you need to consider that they may be damaging to the companies you so blatantly drag through the mud. This is particularly so in this instance.

As it happens, I am in a suspiciously similar spot to what you describe here, and while it does give me pause, I find it hard to believe that a company such as Quest would approach you with a "one night stand" sales pitch.

I would urge you to reconsider the content of some of your postings here. There is a difference between blowing off steam and causing harm to a company that is bringing competition to the SBC realm, (which according to you is a good thing.)

PS - if you really are in Atlanta, email me. I'd like to meet the man behind the blowtorch.

Sincerely,
-BT

Anonymous said...

What's done is done. I've 86'd the link. Next time you get some kind of wild hair to pass along the remnants of a drunken rant, do me a favor and just don't. I've got enough to worry about without the CG narratives.

-BT

Anonymous said...

What was the original post your referring to? I find your view interesting so curiuos what torqued people off... keep up the good work.

Citrix Guy said...

So here's what happened.

Essentially I went drinking with a buddy, took some things he said in confidence and posted them here - with a healthy dose of CG sass thrown in.

What I didn't count on was that people apparently do read this blog - and in larger numbers than I ever thought.

It was all in fun, but basically I trashed a vendor, and he got fingered by them as being the owner of this blog. At one point it got pretty heated.

I think we're okay as friends now, but going forward I've decided to stick to the facts and try to make it as entertaining as possible.

Hopefully the old cliche' will hold true. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Thanks for the feedback.

-CG