Friday, February 2, 2007

The very first post!!

Hi Folks,

Citrix guy here. And yes, this is the first post. You found it. Lucky friggin you.

Normally, the first post is reserved for fruity little blitherings about who I am, what I do, things I like, and other little factoids to help you get to know me.

Well screw that. I don't really care if you know me, and honestly it's probably better that you don't. I'm kind of an ass hole sometimes.

So on to the Citrix stuff. It's been a week from hell. Our normally stable environment has been riddled with stability problems. All of which have landed squarely on my lap. There's nothing better than some tard of a manager on a crisis call trying to tell you how to do your job. Yes please yell at me some more and then ask me again if the server has been rebooted.

The diagnosis is easy enough. It's a ticketing black hole. The ZDC logs show that some LLS ticketing request crapped out. Then low and behold Web Interface requests start to queue up on the xml broker and pretty soon things start to break down into dung.

The problem is that I'm probably too dumb to figure out what is randomly causing my Metaframe servers to take a dump when trying to issue tickets. It's one of those things that is going to turn out to be exceedingly simple like setting the "GOCOMPLETELYTOSHIT" value to zero in the registry. Of course, I could call my friend J who would listen to the sound of the mouse click over the phone and determine that a .dll file was the wrong version on three of the servers, but that would be the easy way out.

J of course is smarter than me and no longer works for our company.

No comments: